10.16.2012

Changing lanes

“We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the life that is waiting for us.” – Joseph Campbell

It's strange how much can change in a week. I applied for medical role back home in Nigeria and months later, I still hadn't heard anything; then last Monday bam! I got it. So this past week has been a whirlwind of decisions and feeling conflicted - leave and achieve my dream or stay with loved ones and leave a great life behind. So with the support of my family and boyfriend, I've decided to relocate 4,300 miles and an ocean, all for the love of medicine.

Relocating is not an easy feat and I would have loved to have more time to sort things out in London. Moving from my house in London to my house in Nigeria is like two different worlds in terms of fashion, hair, makeup etc... In London the weather is cooler and Nigeria it's hot. For example...in terms of makeup I need less oily makeup and more powder based products.

So now that I'm here it has been hard to adjust to living so far away from the land I was born and spent 15 years schooling, but as the days pass..I'm more comfortable. The fact that I have a cook to prepare my meals and a driver to take me anywhere isn't so bad and catching up with old friends isn't bad either.

So I hope you will bear with me...I'll be so busy but will try and share my experience in Nigeria. I'm sure the next 5 years will whizz by (I hope lol).

I've already had a run in with the "natural hair nazi's" of Nigeria but that's a story for another post.

Much love xx

No comments:

Post a Comment