11.02.2011

Product review : LUSH Oatifix mask

I have dry and sensitive skin ( and eczema) and most mask and skin care products I use must have as little chemicals as possible, especially drying products like alcohol. I tend to go for brands that are as natural as possible but I have never really thought to go to Lush. Over the years I have gone there for gifts and bath bombs, then I had a Eureka moment and wondered why I had never thought of buying my skin essentials from them. So the next day I went to the store on St. Molton Street (near Bond street station, London)

As soon as I got into the store I was welcomed by a sales person and she got right to the point asking me what I was looking for. I was smelling everything there, picking anything that I wanted, but she honestly told me that some of those products wont go well with my my skin type, mind you the basket was £40 at the time, so I knew her heart was in the right place and not about the money. She advised me not to get products that foam up as they are drying but to get cleaners that literally cleanse the skin.

I wanted a mask and they all smelt fantastic and the one specifically for dry sensitive skin was OATIFIX. It smells like banana and vanilla, like a cake..no like cookie dough...YUMMMA!

Ingredients: Glycerine, Fine Oatmeal (Avena sativa), Fresh Organic Bananas (Musa paradisiaca), Water (Aqua), Ground Almonds (Prunus dulcis), Illipe Butter (Shorea stenoptera), Kaolin, Talc, Vanilla Pod (Vanilla planifolia), Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia), Sandalwood Oil (Santalum austro-caledonicum vieill), Benzoin Resinoid (Styrax tonkinensis pierre), *Coumarin, *Benzyl Cinnamate, *Linalool, Perfume, Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides)

The oats calm the skin, the almonds provide the scrub, the bananas soften the skin and the illipe butter reduces redness. At first try it smells like heaven, the mask is thick like paste consistency and I took a scoop full with my finger and rubbed it on my skin then repeated it till my face was covered. I put like a drop of water on my hands just to loosen it up, then I left it on for 20 mins then took a shower.

1 word = HEAVEN

I wasn't left with that face lift feeling and my skin felt soft and glowed..so what more do you want in a product. I use it once a week and I have had no side effects and the overall change in the appearance of my face has changed, it is less dull.

I recommend giving it a try, but if you are not sure you can pop into any Lush store and request a sample (which is free btw).

Hope this was useful x

No comments:

Post a Comment