1.11.2012

Joan Smalls x Givenchy pre-fall'12

Future supermodel Joan Smalls is everywhere, it's like she shot out from now where to being one of the most sought after models in the industry. For me fashion should be accessible as well as inspiring and finally here is a pre-fall collection that does both. From the military silhouettes to the equestrian polo fashionista + the edgy misshapen boots; this is a great collection of clothes - can't you see at least one of these pieces in your wardrobe? As a huge fan of men's clothes + tailoring, I can see the masculine shapes that designer Riccardo Tisci loves so much + does best- the double-breasted jackets, precise tailoring and lapels.  Jackets + coats reign supreme in this collection of military greens, browns, oranges, olives and grey with lux details like croc sleeves and mink covered shades.
  

I love my mixed prints which Tisci uses a fair bit in this collection, check out the first dress in the row above, he mixes 3 different prints and textures. That's why I love looking through collections because I now have an idea in my head that I will give a go.
 
Not a fan of the hats but I like their lux factor with the mink fur. 

Just give me any of the jackets and I will be complete. Military fuse with tailored to the T blazers in a collection that just makes me so excited to see what other designers have up their pristine sleeves, but also jealous because I'd have to sell my kidney to buy one. 

What do you guys like about this collection and what are your favourite pieces?
-x-

source:fashionising.com

No comments:

Post a Comment